Developing Positive Partnerships with Business
Trashy streets impact quality of life for residents in Albany Park—but litter also negatively affects business, too. Our neighborhood group, Albany Park Neighbors, understands that both residents and businesses have a critical role to play in maintaining our neighborhood’s image.
Albany Park Neighbors is proud to introduce the Block Star Business program. This effort helps our group of residents recognize and champion local businesses who are going above and beyond in the fight against litter, while also providing great customer service and going the extra mile for our community.
Here’s How We Celebrate a Block Star Business:
- Certificate of appreciation for display in your shop or window
- Facebook mention, with a link to your business’ Facebook page or website, to nearly 500 area shoppers
- Listing on our website, with a link to your business’ Facebook page or website
We’ll be selecting Block Star Businesses throughout the year by taking nominations from our membership, then voting on final winners. We hope these efforts drive business through your doors!
Here’s How to Become a Block Star Business:
- Maintain a clean sidewalk and well-kept storefront
- Provide adequate trash receptacles for business operations
- Help minimize the amount of waste customers take with them into the neighborhood
- Encourage other business owners to clean up their act
Interested in getting started? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Block Star Business Recipients:
- Golden Crust Pizza, 4620 N. Kedzie (Facebook)
- Lawrence Eye Care, 3711 W. Lawrence (Web)
- Noon o Kabab, 4661 N. Kedzie (Web | Facebook)
- Mayan Sol, 3830 W. Lawrence (Web | Facebook)
- Semiramis, 4639 N. Kedzie, (Web | Facebook)